Book Building Service
The following provides you with an outline of what all Brolga books go through to produce a marketable book.
Once a manuscript has been professionally edited and is presented in a suitable format (on disc or as a PDF) it is ready for the book building service.
This is a step-by-step process to deliver a professionally produced book. This involves two key steps:
The production process includes some preparatory marketing requirements.
The outline of the process is managing:
- Briefs for cover design, book format, text design and style.
- Briefs with author biography and title description.
- Briefs for branding forms: web page, order sheets, enquiry sheets, subsidy advertisements, etc.
- Cover design.
- Scans where required.
- Advanced Information Sheet (AIS).
- Application for International Book Number (ISBN).
- Australian Product Number and Bar Code.
- Library Cataloguing Number CIP.
- Registration for Public Lending Rights and (if appropriate) Educational Lending Rights.
- Presenting materials in laser form for author approval.
- Providing approved and appropriate materials to printer.
- Proof reading and final proofs prior to publication.
- Port and customs clearance (dependent on location of printer).
Selecting the appropriate printer for an author's manuscript can be critical to the success of the final publication.
Brolga's established print contacts, both national and international, allow us to offer choices to authors to ensure the right printer is engaged for the book.